Sunday, September 1, 2013

Take 5...


I am in a season of life where I am REALLY learning to appreciate the value of 5 minute vacations!!! :)  
 
5 minutes in the shower...oh my goodness, I'm standing under a tropical waterfall in an island paradise!  
5 minutes to get dressed and do hair uninterrupted, and I am a princess in her royal chambers!  
A whole 5 minutes to drink a cup of coffee (and actually finish the cup), and I'm in the quaintest little cafe in Paris!
5 minutes of quiet while alone in the car (or with baby sleeping) on the way to (well, on the way to ANYWHERE really ;) ), and I feel like I have stepped into the most sacred of sanctuaries!!
5 minutes to step behind a closed door, pray, and just breathe, and I've just had the benefit of receiving back-to-back therapy sessions for 2 hours!

5 minutes seems like an incredible luxury these days...like an eternity...such a gift.  In 5 minute pockets, I have found that all of time can stand still, and I can be transported to another land, another reality, another complete state of being! :)

It hasn't always been this way (I used to think I needed a lot of time to do anything!), but I have been learning that 5-minute vacations are a key to peace and sanity for this quiet-loving introvert!!  
 
I love my full, loud, slightly chaotic and crazy life...but I also LOVE my 5-minute vacations!!

With this in mind, when I recently found a community blog called "Five Minute Fridays," I got excited!  Although life is very full and busy, I have learned that I can usually take time for "5 Minutes!" for something!!  This group of people has a standing appointment online every Friday to write for 5 minutes (see "Five-Minute Fridays" link at the bottom of the page, if you're interested) on a prompt given.  I decided that while I may not have hours to write during this time in my life, I can squeeze in 5 minutes once a week.  So, one thing that will be posted on this blog page will be my "Five Minute Friday" entries.  When I can do them, that is...not making any promises, but hoping for the best.
 
It really is amazing what a person can accomplish in 5 minutes!  Today, if you have a chance, seize at least one 5-minute vacation!  You'll be glad you did! :)

Having said that, I think my time is just about up for this five-minute pocket...4...3...2...1... :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment